So since the last time a wrote I not only put someone in jail for 5.5 years and got him dishonorably discharged from the Air Force, but I've also picked out my junior bridesmaid's dress, attempted to influence the dress of the flower girl, booked a baker, a caterer, mailed invitations, wrote the program and done about a hundred other things - Isaac has actually been a huge help, oh and we ordered all the guys tuxedos! It seems like so much - yet it feels like I'm hardly there!
This whole invitation thing has been awful, I'm seriously inviting 295 people to my wedding, and people are complaining...what I find the most troubling is back in like July I asked for all this help, I told people we need to do this, I need your help, and on, and on, and on....and NOW they are asking me questions?? Where were they when I was trying to get some help??? Frustrating...
I do think that everything is coming together - I saw prototypes of my flowers and I LOVE THEM! Have not seen the bouquets yet, but I'm sure they'll be great. My florist is the same as my wedding planner and she is awesome the only thing I question is whether she actually listens to me.
I called her and said "So my sister found a place where we can each get our hair and makeup done for about $135 each...I'm thinking that is a little pricy, plus I have to drive a ways to get there. Can you see if you can find someone who can maybe come to us and a little cheaper?" She replies, "$130 that is too expensive I'll find you someone for sure - leave it to me." After about a month and a half, she gets back to me (following an email from me saying, yo where the hell are you on these things?) and she says "I found so-and-so, very good, highly recommended to do your makeup, it is $150 for you, including the trial, and $50 for each of your bridesmaids or whoever else wants to get it done."
I'll let you ponder that one for a second...
I sit back and think, first, WTF??? Was she not there for that entire conversation? Does she remember nothing I tell her?? Does she even remember things she says to me?? Then I move past that glaringly obvious and quite ridiculous problem and move to the cost itself....so this lady is going to charge me $150 for just me, and only $50 for my bridesmaids? We all have the same face - well the same parts - its not like I'm going to be wearing a ton more makeup than them...and even if you price it out to include the trial (as in $50 for the day of, $50 for the trial - just like the bridesmaids) then what the hell is that extra $50 for? I'll come to her to save that! And let's not forget to mention that I can get hair and make-up for $135!!! On what planet does ANY of this make sense. For other things, like my dress, yeah I get why the bride pays more but MAKEUP???
I've been trying to lose weight since January - no one ever told me that when you are already pretty healthy and in good shape losing a few extra pounds is REALLY FREAKING HARD! I started a more intense workout plan, I'm dieting, and nothing is happening....wondering if there is an additional conspiracy in this regard, but I'm fairly certain it may be linked to the tater tots I keep turning to in times of stress - I don't have any proof of that though. Now that I've eaten all the tots we'll see if there is any change....
The bridal shower...I am so excited about it! Oh and my dad just told me today there are already two presents at the house for me! I just wish sometimes I didn't have to work...although i'm not quite sure how we would pay for the wedding if I didn't...well even though I am ;). One of my friends who is getting married in May too told me she is getting to the point where all she wants to do is work on wedding stuff - I'm pretty sure I was there a month ago! I have to stop myself from getting all the stuff I want every time I get paid (there are still bills to pay - damn Isaac)!
I know that all the stress is just temporary and I know that the wedding is going to be awesome, but sometimes, as we walk down this path together, I feel a bit like someone keeps throwing clumps of mud all over me and then laughing - like "hahahaha" what are you going to do with that one? I'm going to go with that person is not God because I'm hoping he's not that cruel...but I can imagine watching this fiasco from way up there is pretty funny!!
No comments:
Post a Comment