The wedding has overcome every aspect of our lives...every conversation we have has something to do with the wedding, it is like this huge elephant that is not only in the room but keeps blowing its horn as if to say "pay attention, NO REALLY see me, I've got a list a mile long of things you have to do!" But there is still life...and when I step back, when I stop, breathe and think, I remember I am about to marry my best friend, the person i look to for everything, who's opinion I value above all else - I won't even go into court without running an argument by Isaac, and those thoughts take my breath away...
As hard as this is, as stressful and as crazy there is nothing that will take that away, and no matter how it turns out - no matter if everyone is sitting on the ground, eating hot dogs and hamburgers - with Isaac's famous chicken-bones - we still get to marry each other and then we get to spend the rest of our lives together...and that is amazing! First stop, San Antonio, Texas....
As Texas gets closer I'm scared, excited, nervous and just full of anticipation all at once, but in the back of my mine, I know that Isaac will be there and that makes it all ok, no matter what happens. These moments of clarity are what will get me through the craziness of at least one more fully-litigated court, and a thousand hours of planning the last minute details...all in the next 14 weeks or so :)
No comments:
Post a Comment